After an eleven week pause, I have reopened my practice. Because I am committed to your health as well as to the health of our community, I have made many changes to how I practice in order to create a safe environment in which we can work together during this pandemic.
The New York Acupuncture Society (ASNY) and the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) have taken information and recommendations from the CDC, New York State, OSHA and the EPA to establish best practice guidelines for acupuncturists to follow in order to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 transmission in our practice settings. The following reflect these guidelines.
- Everyone will be pre-screened 24-48 hours before their appointment time as well as right before entering the office for symptoms of COVID-19.
- No one suspected of having COVID-19 is allowed entry into the building.
- There will be no waiting room. Everyone will be escorted right to their treatment room from the front door.
- No one except small children are allowed to have anyone else accompany them to their appointment in order to reduce the number of people in the treatment room at one time.
- Everyone (including myself) will wear a mask and keep it on at all times when in the office and treatment rooms.
- Your room will be cleaned, disinfected and aired out freshly for you each time you arrive. The bathroom will also be disinfected after each use as well as all high-touch surfaces in the building.
- Air purifiers will be running at all times in the treatment rooms.
My aim is to meet your needs for health care in as safe of an environment as possible so you can relax and receive the support you need.